We are currently hiring Police Constables. For all inquiries please visit our How to Apply page
The Guelph Police Service offers a variety of interesting and rewarding career opportunities.
We are a modern, progressive and dynamic organization looking for people who are committed to making a difference.
We are dedicated to improving the quality of life for all who work, live and play in our diverse community.
We offer the best in resources and training, an excellent compensation and benefit package and a friendly working environment where you are more than just a number.
Permanent full-time police and civilian employees are eligible for the following benefits:
- Extended Health Care Plan
- Dental Care Plan
- Vision Plan
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Plan
- On-site fitness facility and wellness programs
- Enrollment in OMERS Pension Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Maternity and Parental Leave Top-up
- Experience pay
Reasons to Work in Guelph
- Guelph ranked among the top ten places to live in Canada
- Guelph named as one of the country's smartest communities
- Guelph named as Canada's volunteer capital
- Guelph named as having the lowest unemployment rate in the country
- Both Guelph and the GPS promote multiculturalism and diversity
- Guelph is centrally located with easy access to other areas of the province and beyond
- The GPS is a progressive service, with many firsts (portable radios, motorcycles, fleet net encrypted radio system, joint EMS station with Fire and Ambulance)
- Also a mid-sized service, offering many career opportunities with competitive compensation and benefits, while maintaining small-town feel
- Community is progressive; Guelph was the home of the first cable TV system, the hockey term "Hat Trick", the jock strap, the wire coat hanger, the "Mondex" cash card, and Colonel John McCrae's poem, In Flanders Field