You can submit 2 types of complaints:
- About the policies of, or services provided by the Guelph Police Service.
- About the conduct of a police officer of the Guelph Police Service.
What should you include in your complaint?
In addition to full contact information (name, address, phone number) and date of birth, please try to provide the following information:
Who? Which police service and/or police officer (name, number or physical description if known) is your complaint about?
Where? Where in Ontario did the incident(s) happen?
When? What date(s) and time(s) did the incident(s) take place?
What? Please describe what happened in as much detail as you can.
Be sure to sign your complaint form should you chose not to submit it online.
How to submit a complaint
- Directly through the Office of the Independent Police Review Director (O.I.P.R.D) web site.
- By submitting a completed (O.I.P.R.D) form to any regional, municipal or provincial police station in Ontario.
Where can I obtain a form other than the internet?
- Complaint forms and instruction booklets are available on request at any Ontario police service station.
You do not have to submit your complaint to the service you are complaining about. Any police service will forward your complaint to the OIPRD.
If you would like assistance or advice when filling out your complaint form:
- Many local community organizations offer assistance with your complaint and often provide translation services.
- You do not need a lawyer to file your complaint, but a lawyer or legal clinic can provide advice and assistance with your complaint.
- You may ask for assistance at any regional, municipal or provincial police station.
It is very important for all Guelph Police members to learn from positive contact with community members and of course everyone enjoys a friendly compliment!
We want to be aware of what "works" in our overall Service delivery so that we can continue to provide great service.
If you have recently had a positive interaction with a member of the Guelph Police Service or have observed a member performing his or her duty or delivery of service we would like to hear from you. Feel free to send us a compliment.
What should you include in your compliment?
- Date time and location of the incident.
- Name of the member if known.
- Badge or employee number if known.
- What occurred?
- Your name and contact information.
How to submit a compliment
Compliments can be delivered via, regular mail, telephone, fax or e-mail to our Professional Standards Branch. Once your compliment is received we will pass it on to the member and ensure that it is properly acknowledged.
Send Compliment by:
Guelph Police Service
Professional Standards Branch
15 Wyndham St. S.
519-824-1212 ext 7339