What is it?
The Guelph Police Service will consider sealing non-conviction adult fingerprints, photographs and dispositions in accordance with the Guelph Police Service Fingerprint/Photograph Destruction policy.
How to Apply?
Please download and complete the Local File Closure Request Form.
There is a $40 processing fee:
- If you wish to apply in person attend to Customer Service at the Guelph Police Service
Monday - 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
Tuesday to Friday - 8:00 am to 5:45 pm
Saturday 9:00 am to 1:45 pm (closed 12:00 - 12:30 for lunch)
- If you wish to mail the application, please include a certified cheque or money order made payable to the Guelph Police Service.
Attention: Sandra Odorico
Guelph Police Service
15 Wyndham St. S.
- You will receive written notification of a decision within 30 days from receiving the request.
- If approved, it could take up to 2 years to receive the appropriate documents from the RCMP and you will receive further written notification when the sealing process has been completed.
- If denied you will have 60 days to request a Reconsideration Process. Applicants will be informed in writing of the final decision as soon as possible.