Charges after protesters assaulted

A Guelph female faces assault and threatening charges after anti-abortion protesters were assaulted Tuesday.

Approximately 9:30 a.m. two protesters were conducting a silent demonstration near Eramosa Road and Woolwich Street when a female drove by and made an obscene gesture towards them. The female turned around and stopped near the protesters before throwing the contents of a Thermos at them, getting coffee on both victims. No physical injuries were sustained.

The motorist also said if the protesters were still present in an hour she would return “with bullets.”

A 28-year-old Guelph female was located a short distance away and has been charged with two counts each of assault with a weapon and uttering threats. She will appear in a Guelph court May 2, 2023.


Police investigating possible firearm

The Guelph Police Service is investigating after a female believed another motorist pointed a firearm at her Tuesday evening.

Just after 8 p.m. a Kitchener female called police. She reported she was driving in the area of Wellington Street West and Edinburgh Road South approximately 15 minutes earlier when another motorist began driving aggressively.

The two continued driving near each other until they turned onto Eramosa Road. As the other vehicle passed, the female believed the driver was pointing a black handgun at her.

The vehicle was described as an older model, possibly 1990s, tan or silver sedan. No description of the driver was provided.

Anyone with information is asked to call Constable Brad Townsend at 519-824-1212, ext. 7135, email him at, leave an anonymous message for Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) or leave an anonymous tip online at


False alarm at police station

A Guelph male was arrested early Wednesday after pulling a fire alarm at the Guelph Police Service station.

Just after 2:30 a.m. a male was being released from custody on an unrelated matter. As he was exiting the station the male pulled the fire alarm in the waiting area.

A 31-year-old Guelph male was further charged with making a false fire alarm. He was held for a bail hearing Wednesday.


Total calls for service in the last 24 hours - 198