Please Note: Record Suspensions were formerly known as Pardons

The Record Suspension (Pardon) Application Guide and Forms are available from the Parole Board of Canada. This process can be done by the individual. Using a lawyer/third-party agency does not speed up processing times.

Requesting a Record Suspension (Pardon)

Please submit the following to the Guelph Police Service by mail:

  • Completed Local Police Records Check Form
  • A copy of your fingerprints and criminal record
  • Photocopies of a current photo ID and a second piece of ID
  • Consent form (if wishing to release information to another agency, e.g. Pardons Canada)
  • Certified cheque or money order made payable to the "Guelph Police Service"
  • Please ensure you include a return mailing address

Video: Applying for a Record Suspension/Pardon

Mailing Address

Attention: Customer Service
Guelph Police Service
15 Wyndham St. S.
Guelph, Ontario
N1H 4C6


For Guelph Police Service fees, please refer to By-Law 149 (2013). The Record Suspension fees can be found under the “Reports” section.